The International Organization of Nutritional Consultants (IONC) is a not for profit corporation established in 1983 to assure the public that member practitioners are meeting high educational standards.
As a professional membership Association for holistic nutritionists all IONC members must adhere to IONC’s Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics, hold professional indemnity insurance for clinical practice, have completed annual education upgrades and also meet membership entry criteria.
IONC seeks to create a unique form of Regulatory status for Nutritionists
IONC is continuing its discussions and planning meetings with government delegates in 2016/17 concerning regulation and recognition of Orthomolecular and Holistic Nutritionists . It is IONC’s position that our members and the public interest would be better served if the Health Professions Regulatory Advisory Council (HPRAC) were to grant self-governing status to qualified ROHP/RNCP practitioners. A proto-submission outlining a new improved Drugless Practitioners Act or Natural Medicine Practitioners Act is currently under development that could see the integration of our practitioners into a multi-disciplinary approach to health care in the future. This goal may be lofty but it is the direction our organization believes to be imperative for creating legitimacy and stable practices for practitioners in a constantly changing legislative landscape.
Since 1983 our members have been Inspiring Optimal Nutrition within Communities throughout Canada and abroad. We are the founding Association for Holistic Nutritionists in Canada.
IONC’s aim is to legitimize our profession and approved schools, achieve title and scope of practice protection for our members, increase public safety, and enhance client/patient insurance coverage for ROHP/RNCP services for better client wellness outcomes.
What we do
The IONC supports the professional development of its members and advances the field by providing access to research and education through our Partners.We are continually developing standards promoting the industry, offering networking opportunities and valuable member benefits with the aim of creating a better public understanding of the discipline of Holistic Nutrition.
Registered Nutritional Consulting Practitioner (RNCP) and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner(ROHP) are designations given by the International Organization of Nutritional Consultants (IONC) to a qualified healthcare professional that specializes in maintaining or restoring biochemistry and physiology in the body for optimum health and well-being. RNCPs must complete a minimum 1000 hours training and ROHPs 2000 hours training in Natural Nutrition from an approved Educational facility before being granted RNCP or ROHP designation.All Professional members of IONC are required to hold Liability insurance and upgrade their education annually
Why Visit a ROHP or RNCP ?
- ROHPs & RNCPs are scientific evidence-based trained nutritional professionals who can educate you about diet, lifestyle, and detoxification for optimum health and energy.
- ROHPs& RNCPs can help you build a healthier diet incorporating the latest nutritional breakthroughs and personalized dietary supplement programs.
- ROHPs&RNCPs can design an individualized nutrition program that respects your unique biochemistry, food sensitivities and intolerances to help you build and maintain wellness.
- ROHPs&RNCPs consider environmental pollution, metaltoxicity, micro-organism imbalances, and other factors that can contribute to your body’s total toxic load and perpetuates chronic disease.
- ROHPs&RNCPs support your body’s natural detoxification processes to help eliminate wastes and toxins that can damage cells, tissues, and organs.
- ROHPs&RNCPs can help you with lifestyle changes that incorporate the many benefits of regular exercise:better cardio and lung capacity, more energy, muscle tone, posture improvement, stress release,and optimal weight maintenance.
To find a qualified RNCP or ROHP in your area
click on our find a consultant icon.
By choosing an RNCP/ROHP who is a member of IONC you can be confident that they follow the strict IONC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics, have professional indemnity insurance for clinical practice, have completed annual education upgrades and also meet strict membership entry criteria.