The International Organization of Nutritional Consultants (IONC) was created to ensure the public that Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioners (ROHPs) and Registered Nutritional Consulting Practitioners (RNCPs) have met strict educational, moral and ethical standards.
IONC is dedicated to overseeing its members provide the highest standards of professional nutritional consulting, and assessment through advanced training and continuing education programs.
IONC is committed to promoting and creating awareness of the nutritional consulting profession while providing ROHPs and RNCPs with direction on daily ethical practice standards so that they may pursue excellence in their professional practice of serving the health and well-being of others.
As members of the IONC, ROHPs and RNCPs commit to the following:
- ROHPs/RNCPs are honest at all times, and comply legally with various municipal, provincial and federal government laws and regulations.
- ROHPs/RNCPs maintain competency and practice safely within their scope of practice and training.
- ROHPs/RNCPs treat clients with integrity, and respect the clients’ rights to make informed choices about their healthcare.
- ROHPs/RNCPs educate the public about Orthomolecular and Holistic nutrition, providing accurate information about nutrition, diet and lifestyle.
- ROHPs/RNCPs educate clients regarding specific diet options and nutritional support to help build and maintain nutritional well-being.
- ROHPs/RNPCs assess nutritional imbalances through bodily symptoms to support their clients’ unique nutritional requirements..
- ROHPs/RNCPs do not treat or diagnose disease.
- ROHPs/RNCPs do not perform controlled acts without legal authority.
- ROHPs/RNCPs do not advise clients to adjust or stop medications or discontinue seeing a medical professional.
- ROHPs/RNCPs respect and value the importance of confidentiality and privacy issues and are diligent with the collection of client’s private information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- ROHPs/RNCPs participate in professional development activities adhering to IONC renewal policy guidelines.
- ROHPs/RNCPs interact with colleagues, other health professionals and clients in a polite and constructive manner reflecting integrity and accountability.